You can’t seem to get on the same page with your partner. The closeness you felt in the past just isn’t there anymore. You argue and find that you are getting nowhere. The problems seem to keep getting worse, not better. You feel disconnected and lonely. You want your best friend back.
You may think:
– “What happened to us?”
– “Why does [my partner] always do that even though I’ve asked them not to?”
– “Does my partner even care about me anymore?”
– “I love [my partner], but if something doesn’t change, I don’t know how I can hold on.”
You may find yourself:
– Repeating the same arguments over and over again.
– One partner becoming defensive and the other partner shutting down.
– Feeling hopeless about connecting with your partner again.
– Sitting on opposite sides of the couch, staring at your phone, and feeling like your partner is totally disinterested in you.
GET STARTED NOW
Our couple’s counselor, Dillon, can help you reconnect. He knows that relationships are hard work. He helps by taking a relationship assessment and looking at your strengths and challenges as a couple. You will learn effective communication skills to work through problems with your partner by overcoming gridlock and deepening your friendship. Dillon is a Gottman trained therapist and is a rock star at helping clients work through their problems. The Gottman Method is developed from 40 years of research on marriage and they developed an approach that not only supports and repairs troubled marriages and committed relationships, but strengthens happy ones.
Relationship problems can be lonely and frustrating. It doesn’t have to be that way. Prioritize the most important relationship in your life.